The founding of ATU
Two great personalities of the Liechtenstein financial centre still influence our company’s way of thinking to this day: Guido Feger (1893–1976) and Olaf Walser (1923–2008).
Guido Feger founded his first company, “Treu-Bureau, Treuhandinstitut”, on 5 April 1929. In August 1936, the company was renamed “Allgemeines Treuunternehmen” – today’s ATU. To provide comprehensive financial services for the clients of his trust company, Guido Feger founded a bank in 1956, Verwaltungs- und Privat-Bank (today: VP Bank Ltd), which was quick to successfully establish itself. Outside his business interests, Guido Feger was always highly committed to people and society. For his services to the country of Liechtenstein, he was awarded the title of Princely Councillor of Commerce by Prince Franz Josef II.
Olaf Walser joined our company in 1945. As a highly committed Director, he managed ATU from 1967 to 2004. At the same time, he was the first authorised signatory of VP Bank Ltd and became a member of its Board of Directors in 1963, holding the position of Vice-President from 1973 to 1998. He contributed sig¬nificantly to the successful development of both ATU and VP Bank Ltd.
Stiftung Fürstl. Kommerzienrat Guido Feger
The Stiftung Fürstl. Kommerzienrat Guido Feger is a non-profit foundation under Liechtenstein law. It was established on 15 July 1954 by our company founder Guido Feger. The foundation’s purpose is the investment and management of the foundation’s asset and the distribution of income and/or foundation assets to beneficiaries.
The allocations and donations must be of a social/charitable or cultural nature. As a non-profit foundation, it is supervised by the Liechtenstein Foundation Supervisory Authority. The duration of the foundation is indefinite. The foundation council currently comprises seven members.