A reliable connection – even in times of continuous change

History

Two great pioneers of the Liechtenstein financial centre still influence ATU’s way of thinking: Guido Feger (1893–1976) and Olaf Walser (1923–2008).

On 5 April 1929, Guido Feger founded his first trust company, the “Treu-Bureau, Treuinstitut”, and had it entered into the commercial register. In August 1936, the company was renamed “Allgemeines Treuunternehmen” – today’s ATU.

To provide comprehensive financial services for the clients of his trust company, Guido Feger founded Verwaltungs- und Privat-Bank. The bank was quick to successfully establish itself in the regional and international banking sectors.

Apart from his business interests, Guido Feger was always highly committed to the people and the society of Liechtenstein. For his services to the country he was awarded the title of Princely Councillor of Commerce by Prince Franz Josef II.

Olaf Walser joined the company in 1945. As a greatly committed Director he managed ATU from 1967 to 2004. At the same time he was the first authorised signatory of VP Bank and became a member of its Board of Directors in 1963, holding the position of Vice-President from 1973 to 1998. He contributed significantly to the development of both ATU and VP Bank.

  |  Login